Dental bonding is considered as on of the easiest as well as least expensive procedures in cosmetic dentistry. Dental bonding uses a composite resin which can be polished as and shaped according to the teeth surrounding the affected tooth for a natural look. Mostly bonding is used in cosmetic procedures which help in improving the appearance of chipped and discoloured teeth. It can also be used for closing the space created between teeth or to make teeth longer in size along with changing the colour as well as the shape of the teeth.
It is also used as the best alternative to filling. In some cases, it is also used to protect a portion of the root of teeth which becomes exposed due to gum recession. Bonding is a simple procedure which can be performed in a single appointment with the dentist.
One can consider Dental bonding as an option when:
- They wish to repair tooth decay
- To repair teeth which have got chipped or cracked over a period
- To have better appearance of teeth which have got discoloured
- To fill the spaces created between the teeth
- To increase the length of teeth
- To resurrect the shape of your teeth
Procedure for Dental Bonding:
- Primarily, one needs to fix an appointment with the dentist and needs to discuss the issue as well as expected result. The dentist will further select a composite resin of a near match colour to your teeth.
- After selection of composite resin, the dentist will etch the surface of your tooth so that its gets roughen. It would then be coated with the help of a conditioning liquid which will help in bonding procedure.
- Once the condition of the tooth is as expected, the dentist will fix the tooth coloured resin which will be moulded as well as shaped until it gets the desired look and shape. The material will then be hardened with UV light or a laser beam.
- After hardening of bonding material, the dentist will again trim the tooth and shape it followed by polishing till the time it matches the surrounding teeth.
- The procedure will take around 30 minutes to one hour. If more than one tooth needs treatments, it might take more time or repeated visits.
- There is very minimal or no removal of the essential enamel from the tooth which maintains natural health of tooth
- It is a less extensive treatment unlike restoration done with the help of veneers and crowns
- Mostly the procedure is completed in a single appointment.
- Avoid consumption of Tea and coffee
- Abstain from smoking
- Brush teeth regularly
- Get cleaning done twice a year
At Modi Dental Clinic in Ashok Vihar, North Delhi we offer quality treatment with the help of our expert team of qualified doctors. The experienced team provides a comprehensive solution to all your dental issues. We aspire to offer satisfactory treatment to one and all so that they leave with our clinic with a healthy smile.