A gap in one or more teeth is known as Diastema. Most commonly this gap is formed between the two Central Incisors which is known as Midline Diastema.
In restorations involving diastema closures, it is important to measure the centrals for tooth proportion and symmetry before the dentist begins to add the composite. The restoration requires the use of microfill composite because at 32 Facts we are only replacing the enamel.
Gap between teeth causes
• It occurs due to habits like tongue thrusting
• High frenal attachment
• Elderly people with compromised gum condition, generalized spacing due to pathological migration
• Dental Bonding
• Tooth bonding or dental bonding occurs due to special tooth-colored resin that is applied to the tooth and hardened with the help of special light. This procedure is considered in the following conditions like:
• To repair decayed teeth
• To repair cracked or chipped teeth
• To improve the appearance of discolored teeth
• To cover the spaces between the teeth
• As a cosmetic makeover which is alternative to amalgam fillings.To protect the portion of tooth's root that has been exposed when gums recede
What are the treatment available for teeth gap closure?
This is a common treatment which is applied for various gaps within the braces. The wires interact with brackets to move the teeth in the desired position. The metal wires are inserted into the orthodontic brackets which are of stainless steel to make them look appealing. The other methods are invisalign that comprise of clear plastic aligners and move the teeth alternatively.
These are thin shells of colored tooth, translucent porcelain or composite resin that are custom-made to fit your tooth, improve color, shape and overall visual aspect. The placement of dental veneers helps to achieve a beautiful smile.
Direct or Composite Veneer:
It is directly placed with a material known as composite which is a light-curable resin. There are number of shades available which is selected for an individual based on the adjacent teeth and then outlined accordingly.
Indirect or Porcelain Veneer :
It is made-up and later attached to the tooth with the help of resin cement.
These are also known as Zirconia and we use this technology to produce different kinds of dental restorations including veneers, crowns and other kinds of dental implants.
The best part is that the bonded teeth are ultra-thin porcelain veneers and almost invisible and resistant to liquids like tea, coffee and even cigarette stains. Since they are thin, the light can shine through them and take the natural color of the tooth.